Poetry By Heart is an inspiring poetry recitation competition for students in Years 10 to 13 in schools and colleges across England. Now in its fifth year we are searching for a new champion for 2017. There are exciting opportunities to participate in our traditional full competition, or by learning a Shakespeare sonnet for our mini-competition – teachers can take part in that one too!
With free web-based resources, classroom learning materials and individual support by telephone, email and Skype, it’s easy to get started and free to take part.
Want to see what it’s all about? Click on this link to watch a short video filmed by Cambridge TV at the 2016 national finals.
To sign up for this year’s competition information click on the link below and we’ll send you everything you need to get started in the New Year.
* helped them to raise the profile of poetry in school/college
* helped them to focus pupil attention on the sounds of poetry as part of its meaning and pleasure
* gave their students a valued opportunity for local and national recognitionTeachers also told us about the impact being involved in Poetry By Heart had on student learning. They said their students:* enjoyed poetry more
* were more willing to take on new challenges
* had a better understanding of how poetry works
* were better able to use memory techniques
* were more confident about speaking in public
Questions? Call us on 0117 905 5338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.